Cricket West Indies (CWI) has praised its medical team for their outstanding work in collaborating with Cricket New Zealand to execute the upcoming tour amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
The West Indies, who left the region on Tuesday, will play three Twenty20 Internationals and two Tests under strict bio-secure protocols from November 27 to December 15.
Cricket West Indies Chief Executive Officer, Johnny Grave, said intense planning had been key to ensuring a “safe environment”.
Grave said the itinerary and schedule took a lot of detailed planning and CWI is grateful to everyone who played a part in putting the tour together.
“In the present COVID-19 environment, everything requires great attention to detail and the medical and logistics team have been working closely with their counterparts in New Zealand to ensure everyone would be in a safe environment which is also conducive to exciting and entertaining cricket.”
West Indies is undergoing a two week quarantine in New Zealand before starting training and playing warm-up matches in preparation for the series.
For the Caribbean team this is their second tour this year after their historic three tests series in England last July.
Following the West Indies series , New Zealand will host Pakistan, Australia and Bangladesh.